Not sure where I want to go with this again. If you’ve been by here, then you know that it’s been well over a year since I posted anything to this blog. I may try to start it again, we’ll see. Some things:
1. Still knitting. Currently, I have the Wonderful Wallaby sweater in the works, as well as a mitered square afghan. The afghan is individual mitered squares. Instead of knitting a bunch of them and then sewing them together, you pick along two of them to form the next one. I also knitted a friend’s daughter a scarf back toward the beginning of the year. Per her request, she wanted purple.
Mitered Square Afghan
Mitered Square Afghan (adding new square)
Traveling Leaves Scarf
Yes, I know there’s a ratty dishcloth hanging on the sink. The cotton ones that I knit tend to be used until they fall apart.
2. Went to Amsterdam last Christmas and New Years; had fun. Here’s a link for pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/colamanknits/sets/72157623140302191/
3. Still doing accounts receivable work.
4. Glad summer is about over. The older I get, the less I do well in the southern U. S. heat. I’ll be glad when fall gets here.
5. I turned 49 in August.
6. On my weight loss journey (started a year and a half ago), I lost from 165 pounds down to 120. I’ve put back on a few pounds, but I expected that. I haven’t been walking that much this summer due to the heat and humidity. Even early morning or late evening, it was just too hot and sticky. Hopefully I’ll be able to start again on a regular basis once fall comes in. I’m thinking about getting a custom bike. The city I live in is not very bike friendly though. We’ll see.
7. I have a new car. It’s a manual, white 2009 Toyota Corolla. I bought it new at the end of 2008. Me likey!
Hopefully, I’ll keep this blog going this time. Not promising anything. For everyone in the U. S., Happy Labor Day weekend!!